Speedpanel recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with Speedpanel, such as customers, suppliers and employees. Speedpanel is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988. This policy outlines how Speedpanel Systems Pty Ltd and its Australian subsidiaries (Speedpanel) collect, use and manage personal information.
1.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION SPEEDPANEL COLLECTS
Speedpanel collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that Speedpanel may hold includes the following:
- name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment and income details;
- bank account details;
- details of the products and services provided to an individual by Speedpanel;
- details of an individual’s dealings with Speedpanel, including records of telephone, email and online interactions;
- credit-related personal information (see section 1.4 below).
1.2 HOW SPEEDPANEL COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Speedpanel collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. Speedpanel may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- other entities who provide services to Speedpanel related to the products and services provided to an individual by Speedpanel;
- publicly available sources of information;
- an individual’s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
- subsidiaries of Speedpanel Systems Pty Ltd.
1.3 HOW SPEEDPANEL USES PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO WHOM IT IS DISCLOSED
Speedpanel collects, uses and discloses personal information generally to provide an individual with products and services requested, and to respond to queries. Speedpanel may also use personal information to make an individual aware of Speedpanel’s other products and services or offerings provided by Speedpanel in conjunction with its business partners or associates. Speedpanel may not be able to do these things without the individual’s personal information. Speedpanel may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct or transfers of Speedpanel’s business or assets.
Speedpanel understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom Speedpanel usually exchanges information include:
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- an individual’s representatives;
- Speedpanel’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
- Subsidiaries of Speedpanel Systems Pty Ltd.
Speedpanel also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided to an individual on Speedpanel’s behalf, or who provide services to Speedpanel, including:
- mailing services;
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- customer injury services;
- marketing functions;
- website, data management and technology services.
Parties to which Speedpanel discloses personal information may be located in Australia and other countries.
1.4 CREDIT-RELATED PERSONAL INFORMATION
Speedpanel sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, Speedpanel does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, Speedpanel may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit Speedpanel provides to their companies.
Speedpanel may collect and hold any types of credit-related personal information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act, including:
- name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number, employer and three most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
- details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness;
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider’s analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
This information may include information about an individual’s arrangements with other credit providers as well as with Speedpanel.
Speedpanel may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. Speedpanel may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness. Speedpanel may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers and other credit providers.
The CRBs Speedpanel may use can vary. For more information please contact our office.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals may request CRBs not to:
- use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
1.5 How Speedpanel stores personal information
Speedpanel stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. Speedpanel maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual’s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by Speedpanel, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
1.6 ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by Speedpanel. To make a request to access or update personal information held by Speedpanel, contact Speedpanel in writing. Speedpanel may need to verify your identity. Speedpanel may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.7 COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Further information may be obtained about how Speedpanel manages personal information. (See contact details below). If an individual believes that Speedpanel has breached its privacy obligations or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to Speedpanel (see contact details below). Speedpanel will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
1.8 SPEEDPANEL CONTACT DETAILS
Please contact Speedpanel about privacy-related issues by post, facsimile or email:
Speedpanel Systems Pty Ltd
PO Box 145
BAYSWATER BC VIC 3153
Fax: 03 9724 6889 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.9 UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Policy issued 23/06/2019.