Melbourne Metro Temporary Acoustic Sheds
Project Name: Melbourne Metro Temporary Acoustic Sheds
- Builder: Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) with the Cross Yarra Consortium comprising Lendlease Engineering, John Holland, Bouygues Construction and Capella Capital.
- Shed Builder/Designer: Protector Building Systems
- Speedpanel Installers: KakoSi Construction and Revival Interiors
- Complete Date: Build program planned to run from 2018 – 2025
- Project Locations:
During construction, acoustic sheds will be in place at:
A’Beckett StreetCity Square
St Kilda Road
- Speedpanel Uses: To minimise the impact of noise, dust and light from the around-the-clock excavation and tunneling works, the external surfaces of each shed are clad with a Speedpanel acoustic wall and ceiling system. At the completion of tunneling and construction works, each acoustic shed will be dismantled with all construction materials required to be recycled. Made from 29.5% recycled materials, Speedpanel is easily dismantled, reused and recycled.